|Better Farming Series 39 - Raising Ducks 1: How to Begin (FAO, 1990, 73 p.)|
1. Ducks lay eggs and give meat. They are good to eat and very good for you.
2. By raising ducks you will have mom food. This will help to feed your family and keep it strong and healthy.
3. Ducks are easy to raise. They need less care than chickens. Ducks are strong and hardy. They do not get sick easily.
4. With very little time and work you can raise a small flock of ducks.
Small flock of ducks
5. If your family is not too big you may not need all of the eggs and all of the meat for food. Then, you can sell what you do not use to your neighbours or at the market.
At the market
6. With more food and with the money you get by selling eggs and meat you and your family can live better.
7. However, if your family is too big you will need to raise many more ducks if you are to have enough eggs and meat to eat and to sell at the market.
Too big family