|Better Farming Series 27 - FreshWater Fish Farming: How to Begin (FAO, 1979, 43 p.)|
|Harvesting your fish|
99. As soon as you find baby fish, put them gently into containers with clean water.
Put the baby fish into containers
100. You will need these baby fish to put back into your pond to begin again. Baby fish are the fish farmer's seed.
101. Keep them in clean water, out of the sun, and move the water around gently with your hand from time to time.
102. If it takes more than half a day to make your pond ready to put back the baby fish, you should keep them alive in a special small pond nearby.
103. The small pond can be a simple hole in the ground about two metres square. You should have it ready before you begin to harvest.
Use a little pond
104. When moving your baby fish from one pond to the other, be very careful not to hurt them.