|PHAST Step-by-Step Guide: A Participatory Approach for the Control of Diarrhoeal Disease (PHAST - SIDA - UNDP - WB - WHO, 2000, 137 p.)|
|Part I: Introduction to the PHAST|
|How to use the guide|
Before you begin working with a community group you must:
- Read through the entire guide carefully and make sure that you understand the purpose and expected result of each activity.
- Read Part III, paying particular attention to the lists of sample drawings for the activities. Make a list of the drawings you think you will need.
- Find an artist to draw these pictures for you.3 Make sure the scenes and people they contain will appear familiar to the community with whom you will be using this guide.
- Gather together all the materials you will need for the group activities such as: the artist's specially prepared drawings, sticky tape, marker pens, coloured paper, coloured stickers, large sheets of paper or newsprint, card, small scraps of material, cotton, buttons, small stones, beads, seeds, pebbles, scissors, pins, tacks, container (such as a basket, hat or box).
- Practise the activities with friends, colleagues or family members until you feel comfortable.
3 You may have contacted an artist earlier, who may have attended the training workshop with you. See Part III.