|The Elaboration of School Textbooks - Methodological Guide (UNESCO, 1989, 66 p.)|
|V. MANAGEMENT OF THE ELABORATION OF MANUSCRIPTS|
|The final manuscript|
The final manuscript presents the following elements:
- title page
- name of the author(s)
- summary or table of contents
- preface or introduction, or both
- cover page, which can be an introduction.
The body of the text:
- the whole text, divided into chapters and sub-chapters, tables, graphs, footnotes and, if necessary, exercises or sets of questions, keys and answers, with details about illustrations.
The last pages, where applicable:
- all the appendices
- a glossary of definitions
- an index of illustrations
- an index of authors and subject matter
- a bibliography and list of references
A detailed, complete, numbered list of illustrations indexed according to category should be established and accompany the manuscript in a separate file.
Authorisations and indications of "copyright" materials and photographs used.
If need be, the author will add a list of missing items (illustrations, authorizations, index, etc) and the date at which he can submit them.