What kind of ducks can you raise?
18. There are several kinds of ducks that you can use. You must
find out what kinds of ducks you can get where you live.
19. Usually, you can get local ducks. Local ducks are strong and
hardy and used to living in your area. So, they grow very well and do not get
20. However, local ducks are often small, give little meat and
21. Sometimes, you can get improved ducks that have been brought
from another place. Improved ducks have been carefully mated over many years and
they are bigger and better than local ducks.
22. Improved ducks cost more money but they give more meat and
23. Perhaps you can buy ducks at the local village market or
there may be another farmer near where you live who will sell you some ducks
from his own flock.
Village market; another farmer
24. Perhaps you can buy ducks from a nearby duck hatchery or
from a government farm.
25. If you need help your extension agent will be able to give
you good advice on the kinds of ducks you should get and where to get