How many ducks should you raise?
39. If you are going to raise ducks that live by themselves and
find their own food, with very little help from you, you can raise up to 24
You can raise up to 24 ducks that
live outside by themselves
40. However, until you know more about ducks and how to take
care of them, it is best to start with a small flock.
41. Start with a flock of 6 ducks, 5 female ducks, and 1 male
duck. With a flock of 6 ducks you will get 5 to 10 eggs each week.
5 female ducks, 1 male duck
42. In addition, with a male in your flock the eggs you get will
be fertile. This means that you can raise your own baby ducks.
43. After you have raised a small flock, you may find that you
could use more eggs and more meat.
44. Later in this booklet you will learn how to use some of your
eggs to raise baby ducks to make your flock bigger.
You can raise your own baby