12. Rabbits are usually very healthy and hardy animals that grow
well if you are careful.
13. If you give them a good home and take care of them well they
will be less likely to get sick.
14. Remember, it is much easier to keep rabbits from getting
sick than it is to make them well after they have become sick.
15. Rabbits must have a quiet place to live where they will feel
safe and well protected.
A quiet place to live
16. Rabbits are very quiet animals and are easily frightened. If
they become badly frightened, they may become sick or die.
17. So, you must give them a home away from people and noise and
animals that may frighten or even harm them, such as foxes, rats, snakes, dogs
18. If you decide to raise rabbits, the same person should take
care of them all of the time
Same person should take care of
rabbits all of the time
19. That way, the rabbits will become used to their keeper and
will not be frightened.
Sun, wind, rain and fresh air
20. Rabbits may not grow well if they get too much sunshine.
They must have a shady place where they can go to get out of the sun.
21. Rabbits may become sick or die if it is too windy or if they
get wet. Rabbits should never be wet. So, they must have a place that is
protected from wind and rain.
22. However, rabbits need fresh air. So, if you decide to raise
rabbits you must give them a place to live that is closed enough to protect them
from the sun, the wind and the rain and yet open enough to allow for plenty of
23. Rabbits should have clean, dry homes. You should clean their
pens every day, in order to keep them clean and dry.
Clean pens, clean food and plenty
of clean water
24. Rabbit droppings should never be allowed to collect on the
floor of the pen.
25. Rabbits should have clean fresh food and fresh water all of
Brush out rabbit droppings
26. Rabbits should be given food twice each day, once early in
the morning and once in the evening, after sunset, and water as often as they
27. You will have to be especially careful that your rabbits
have enough to eat and drink at night, since they eat and drink as much at night
as they do during the day.
Feed twice a day
28. If your rabbits" food or water becomes old or dirty throw it
away, clean their feeders and water containers and give them fresh food and
Throw away dirty food; clean the
feeder; put in fresh