|Better Farming Series 36 - Raising Rabbits 1: Learning about Rabbits; Building the Pens; Choosing Rabbits (FAO, 1988, 56 p.)|
|What do you need to raise rabbits?|
|Learning about rabbits|
|What kinds of rabbits can you raise?|
|What can rabbits eat?|
|How many rabbits should you raise?|
|Now you must decide|
|How to begin|
|Where can you put your rabbit pens?|
|What materials can you use to build rabbit pens?|
|Building the rabbit pens|
|Some simple rabbit pens|
|How to build better rabbit pens|
|Choosing good rabbits|
|How to handle your rabbits|
|Bringing your rabbits home|
|Preparing the pens and putting in the rabbits|
54. In the first part of this booklet you have been told a
number of things about rabbits and about raising them.
55. You learned that by raising rabbits, you will always have fresh meat. You also learned that rabbits will grow well if you take care of them well and feed them well.
56. You may also have found that you can get healthy full- grown rabbits where you live.
57. So, now you must decide if raising rabbits would be good for you and your family.
58. If you decide to raise rabbits, you will learn how to begin in the rest of this booklet and in the next booklet In this series.