|Participatory Methods in Community-based Coastal Resource Management - Volume 1 - Introductory Papers (IIRR, 1998)|
|Community organizing and development process|
· To enable coastal communities become more aware of their situation and their environment and to realize their collective abilities and responsibility to manage themselves and their environment in a sustainable manner.
· To provide opportunity for participation of men and women in decisions and actions that will affect their lives, thus developing a sense of ownership and collective responsibility for such decisions and actions.
· To strengthen community capacity to access internal and external funds to support viable and sustainable socio- economic projects.
· To enable a community to link and form alliances for advocacy and technology sharing.
· To build and sustain permanent organizational structures for resource management.