|Sustainable Energy News - No. 21 May 1998 (INFORSE, 1998, 20 p.)|
This year, the Annual Meeting of INFORSE-Europe will take place on June 26 in hus, Denmark. This will be the major event of the network, where all members are invited to discuss the future activities of the network and participate in the starting up of new activities.
Major points will be:
· The worldwide INFORSE Action Plan and CSD9 (INFORSE has been invited to take part in the UN discussion leading to the meeting of the Commission of Sustainable Development (CSD) in 2001.)
· Lobbying the EU.
· Future INFORSE participation in the official European Energy Conservation activities.
· Electronic Renewable Energy Education (a proposal to develop a high-level education program on renewable energy, to be distributed via e-mail and WWW).
· NGO sustainable energy strategies.
· New strategy of INFORSE.
(Update of the 7-year-old strategy on which INFORSE is based)
All lNFORSE members in Europe will be invited to the meeting directly.
NGO Workshop on Energy Conservation, June 23
Parallel to the official 'hus98' event, INFORSE-Europe, along with the ECO-Forum's energy and climate group, will hold a workshop on NGO participation in energy conservation, including discussion of successes in sustainable energy NGO projects. The workshop will consist of:
· Presentation of successes in sustainable energy in Central and Eastern Europe.
· Presentation of new INFORSE-Europe publication on the successes. Discussion of future NGO work on sustainable energy success/case database and documentation.
· Presentation and debate on the official energy conservation initiative and on future activities at national and international levels.
· Discussion of NGO involvement in the future activities.
· Future activities of the energy and climate issue group.
For further information: INFORSE-Europe.
The NGO events will be at Brobjergskolen: an adult education center, (left) just on the other side of the street where the official events will take place at the Conference Center (right) in hus.