1. Development Associates, Inc. Management review of the AIDSCAP
project. Washington: Development Associates, 1995.
2. Family Health International/AIDSCAP. Making prevention work:
Global lessons learned from the AIDSCAP project 1991-1997. Arlington, VA: Family
Health International/AIDSCAP, 1997.
3. Holography. Colliers Encyclopedia. 1996 ed.
4. Holography. Encyclopedia Americana. 1997 ed.
5. Babbie, Earl. The Practice of Social Research. 6th ed.
Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing Co., 1992.
6. Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS. The HIV/AIDS
situation in mid 1996: Global and regional highlights. UNAIDS Fact Sheet. July
7. Royce RA, Sena A, Cates W, Cohen MS. Sexual transmission of
HIV. NEJM 336:1072-1078; April 10, 1997.
8. Wasserheit JN. Epidemiological Synergy: Interrelationships
between human immunodeficiency virus infection and other sexually transmitted
diseases. Sx Transm Dis 19; 61-77; 1992.
9. Grosskurth H, Mosha F, Todd J et al. Impact of improved
treatment of sexually transmitted diseases on HIV infection in rural Tanzania:
randomized controlled trial. Lancet 1995; 346:530-6.
10. STD Diagnostic Initiative, Program for Appropriate
Technology in Health. Syndromic Diagnosis of STDs. Global Access to STD
Diagnostics. Vol 2, Number 2, Sept 1993.
11. Cohen M, Hoffman I, Royce R et al. Treatment of urethritis
reduces the concentration of HIV-1 in semen: implications for prevention of
transmission of HIV-1. The Lancet 349 (9069): 1868, (1997).
12. Ghys PD, Diallo MO, Ettiegne-Traore V, et al. Genital ulcers
associated with Human Immunodeficiency Virus-related immunosuppression in female
sex workers in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. The Journal of Infectious Diseases.
13. Dangor Y et al. Accuracy of clinical diagnosis of genital
ulcer disease. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 17:184-189 (1990).
14. Rothenberg R. et al. The clinical diagnosis of urethral
discharge. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 10:24-28 (1983).
15. Islam M, Latif A, Burton T, Piot P. Analysis of the
cost-effectiveness of approaches to STD case management. Paper presented at 10th
International Meeting of the ISSTDR, Helsinki, Aug 29-Sept 1, 1993.
16. Dallabetta G, Laga M, Lamptey P. Control of Sexually
Transmitted Diseases: A handbook for the design and management of programs.
AIDSCAP/Family Health International, Arlington, Virginia, 1996.
17. Bowie WR. Urethritis in Males. In Holmes KK, Mardh P-A,
Sparling PF, et al., eds. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. New York: McGraw-Hill
18. Vuylsteke B, Bastos R, Crucitti T, et al. Evaluation of
clinical algorithms for genital discharge: a pilot study in Mozambique. In:
Abstract book of the 10th International Meeting of the International Society of
STD Research. Helsinki: Abstract 54; 1994.
19. Behets F, Williams Y, Brathwaite A, et al. Effective use of
algorithms for management of vaginal discharge in women attending a Jamaican STD
clinic. Clin Infect Dis 1995; 21:1450-1455.
20. Vuylsteke B, Laga M, Alary M, et al. Clinical flowcharts for
the screening of women for gonococcal and chlamydial infection: evaluation of
pregnant women and prostitutes in Zaire. Clin Infect Dis 1993, 17:82-88.
21. Gates W Jr, Farley TMM, Rowe PJ. Worldwide Patterns of
Infertility: Is Africa Different? Lancet 1985; 2:596-598.
22. Bogaerts J, Vuylsteke B, Martinez W, et al. Simple
algorithms for the management of genital ulcers in developing countries: an
evaluation in a primary health care center in Kigali, Rwanda. Bull WHO (In
23. Technical report series no. 810. Management of patients with
sexually transmitted diseases. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1991.
24. Brathwaite A, et al. The decentralization of syphilis
screening for improved care in Jamaica public clinics. American Journal of
Public Health. 87 (6); 1019-1021.
Functional Organizational Chart -
Latin America & Caribbean Regional Office
Latin America and Caribbean Regional Office
2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 700
Tel: (703) 516-9779