Groundwater can become surface water
87. When it rains, water sinks into the ground and mixes with
the water already in the ground.
88. When there is more water in the ground, the water table
89. If the land is low and the water table is high enough, it
may lie above the surface of the ground. Then there is more surface water.
Water lies above the surve of the
90. When it does not rain, there is less water in the ground and
the water table becomes lower.
There is less water in the ground
91. Then there will be less surface water. This can be seen in
dry times in swamps, lakes and streams.
92. The effect of groundwater on surface water is hard to see
for it happens very slowly.
The effect is hard to