|Industrial Metabolism: Restructuring for Sustainable Development (UNU, 1994, 376 pages)|
|Part 2: Case-studies|
|10. Sulphur and nitrogen emission trends for the United States: An application of the materials flow approach|
Clark, W. C., and R. E. Munn, eds. 1986. Sustainable Development of the Biosphere. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Darmstadter, J., L. W. Ayres, R. U. Ayres, W. C. Clark, P. Crosson, T. E. Graedel, R. McGill, J. F. Richards, and J. A. Tarr. 1987. Impacts of World Development on Selected Characteristics of the Atmosphere: An Integrative Approach. Vol. 2. Oak Ridge National Laboratory. (ORNL/Sub/86 22033/1V2.)
Energy Information Administration. 1977-1982. US Department of Energy, Quarterly Reports. Washington, D.C.
- 1981. Content in Coal Shipments, 1978. Washington, D.C.: US Department of Energy (DOE/EIA-0263(78).)
- 1983. Coal Distribution, January-December, 1982. Washington, D.C.: US Department of Energy. (DOE/EIA-0125 (82/4Q).)
Husar, R. B. 1986. "Emissions of Sulfur Dioxide and Nitrogen Oxides and Trends for Eastern North America." In: Acid Deposition Long-term Trends. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press.
Kissock, J. K., and R. B. Husar. 1992. "Population, Economy, and Energy Use's Effect on Sulfur Emission in the United States since 1900." Submitted for publication.
US Bureau of the Census. 1889 and 1919. Census of Manufacturing. Washington, D.C.
- 1975. Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to 1970. Washington, D.C.: US Department of the Interior, pp. 587-588.
US Bureau of Mines. 1933-1980. Mineral Yearbook. Washington, D.C.: US Department of the Interior, annual publications.
- 1957-1977. Distribution of Bituminous Coal and Lignite Shipments. Washington, D.C.: US Department of the Interior, quarterly publication.
- 1971. Control of Sulfur Oxides, Emissions, in Copper, Lead, and Zinc Smelting. Information Circular 8527. Washington, D.C.: US Department of the Interior.
US Bureau of Statistics. 1917. Statistics of Railways in the United States. Washington, D.C.: Interstate Commerce Commission.
US Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). 1977. Compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors. AP-42, 3rd ea., Supplements 1-7 and 8-14. Springfield, Va.: National Technical Information Service. (NTIS PB-275525.)
- 1978. Mobile Source Emission Factors. Washington, D.C. (EPA-400/978-005 (NTIS PB295672/A17).)
- 1986. National Air Pollution Emission Estimates, 1940-1984. Research Triangle Park, N.C.: Office of Air Quality Planning and Standards, US Environmental Protection Agency. (EPA-450/4-85-014.)
US Geological Survey. 1880-1932. Mineral Resources of the United States. Yearbooks. Washington, D.C.: US Department of the Interior.