|Industrial Metabolism: Restructuring for Sustainable Development (UNU, 1994, 376 pages)|
|Part 2: Case-studies|
|11. Consumptive uses and losses of toxic heavy metals in the United States, 1880-1980|
Air Pollution Control Committee (APCC). 1956. Control of Emissions from Metal Melting Operations. American Foundrymen's Society.
Ayres, Robert U., Leslie W. Ayres, Joel A. Tarr, and Rolande C. Widgery. 1988. An Historical Reconstruction of Major Pollutant Levels in the fludson-Raritan Basin: 1880-1980. Prepared for the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Washington, D.C. 3 vols. (NOAA Technical Memorandum NOS-MA-43 -)
Battelle Columbus Laboratories. 1977. Multimedia Levels Cadmium. Columbus, Ohio. (EPA560/6-77-032 (PB 273 198).)
Davis, W. E., and Associates. 1972. National Inventory of Sources and Emissions: Barium, Boron, Copper, Selenium and Zinc 1969. "Copper," section III. (APTD1129 (PB 210 678).)
- 1980. National Inventory of Sources and Emissions: Copper, Selenium and Zinc 1969. "Zinc," section V. Leawood, Kan. (APTD-1139 (PB 210 680).)
GCA Corporation. 1973. National Inventory of Sources and Emission of Chromium. Chapel Hill, N.C. (EPA-450/3-74-012 (PB 230 034).)
- 1981. Survey of Cadmium Emission Sources. Chapel Hill, N.C. (EPA-450/381-013 (PB 82-142050).)
Hirschler, D. A., and L. F. Gilbert. 1964. Arch. Environmental Health 8: 297.
Hirschler, D. A., L. F. Gilbert, F. W. Lamb, and L. M. Niebylski. 1957. Industrial Engineering and Chemistry 49: 1131.
Hofman, H. O. 1918. Metallurgy of Lead. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Hofman, H. O., and C. R. Hayward. 1924. Metallurgy of Copper. 2nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Little, A. D., Inc. 1976. Environmental Considerations of Selected Energy Conserving Manufacturing Process Technologies. Vol. XIV. Primary Copper Industry Report. Cambridge, Mass. (EPA-600/7-76.)
Lowenbach and Schlesinger Assoc. 1979. Arsenic: A Preliminary Materials Balance. McLean, Va. (EPA-860/6-79-005 (PB 80-162217).)
Midwest Research Institute (MRI). 1980. Source Category Survey: Secondary Zinc Smelting and Refining Industry. (EPA-450/3-80-012 (PB 80-191604).)
National Academy of Sciences/National Academy of Engineering Committee on Lead in the Human Environment. 1980. Lead in the Human Environment. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press.
National Research Council (NRC). 1977a. Environmental Monitoring. Vol. IV. Report to US EPA. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press.
- 1977b. Arsenic - Committee on Medical and Biologic Effects of Environment Pollutants. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press.
- 1977c. Copper - Committee on Medical and Biologic Effects of Environment Pollutants. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press.
- 1981. Atmosphere-Biosphere Interactions: Toward a Better Understanding of the Ecological Consequences of Fossil Fuel Combustion. National Academy Press.
Nriagu, J. O. 1978. The Biochemistry of Lead in the Environment. New York: Elsevier.
- 1980a. Copper in the Environment. New York: Wiley-lnterscience.
- 1980b. Cadmium in the Environment. Part 2. New York: Wiley-lnterscience.
- 1980c. "Global Cadmium Cycle." In: J. O. Nriagu, ea., Cadmium in the Environment. Part 1: Ecological Cycling. New York: Wiley-lnterscience, pp. 1-11.
- 1980d. Zinc in the Environment. Part 1. New York: Wiley-lnterscience.
Nriagu, J. O., and C. 1. Davidson. 1982. "Zinc in the Atmosphere." In: J. O. Nriagu, ea., Zinc in the Environment. Part 1: Ecological Cycling. New York: Wiley-lnterscience, pp. 113160.
Ottinger, R. S., et al. 1973. Recommended Methods of Reduction Neutralization, Recovery or Disposal of Hazardous Waste. Vol. XIV: Summary of Waste Origins, Forms And Quantities. TRW Systems. (PB 224 593/4.)
PEDCo. 1980. Industrial Process Profiles for Environmental Use: Primary Copper Industry. Washington, D.C., chap. 29. (EPA-600/2-80-170 (PB 81-164915).)
URS Research Corp. 1975. Materials Balance and Technology Assessment of Mercury and Its Compounds on National and Regional Bases. San Mateo, Calif. (EPA-560/3-75-007 (PB 247,000).)
US Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). 1984. Air Quality Criteria for Lead. Vols. IIV (preliminary). Washington, D.C. (EPA-600/8-83-028B.)
Watson, J. W., and K. J. Brooks. 1979. A Review of Standards of Performance for New Stationary Sources - Secondary Lead Smelters. McLean, Va.: MITRE. (MTR-7871.)