| Aids resource manual - A guide for teaching about AIDS in Thailand |
|Section III - Games and activities|
• To reduce the discomfort level with condoms; to ask questions about AIDS in a fun way
• Secondary students and adults
• 15 minutes. Time will vary with the number of condoms passed around and the time in between questions.
• Condoms, questions on small pieces of paper, a radio/tape player
• Unroll condoms, place one question inside condom, blow up like balloons. Have group stand in a circle.
• Start the music and begin passing a condom balloon around in a circle. When the music stops, the person with the condom must sit on it or step on it to break it and answer the question inside.
QUESTIONS FOR CONDOM TIME BOMB
Question 1: Who can get the AIDS virus?
Anyone can get the virus if they participate in risk behaviors or are born of an infected mother.
Question 2: Can people get the AIDS virus from animals and plants?
Question 3: Where does the AIDS virus live?
It lives in white blood cells in the blood and in semen and vaginal fluids.
Question 4: Can we protect ourselves from AIDS?
Yes! We can say no to IV drugs, wait to have sex until we are ready for a mutually monogamous relationship or use condoms everytime we have sex.
(Additional questions can be taken from the "AIDS Myth or Fact Game," Activity 3, or the AIDS True/False Test, Activity 2.)