Annex 1 : Questions asked about injury
Was anyone in your household injured at the time of the disaster
or since then ?
1. What was their name ?*
* A separate form was filled in for each person
2. Which part(s) of their body were injured ? (Head, shoulders,
back, chest abdomen, arms, hands, legs or feet)
3. What was the nature of the injury ? (Explain in your own words
and tick for nail wound, blow, laceration, cut, fracture, or other)
4. Where did it happen ? (Inside home, inside another building or
5. Why were they there ? What were they doing ? (This did not have
to be answered by those injured inside the home)
6. What were they injured by ? (Galvanised roofing sheets, trees
or, if something else, what ?)
7. When did this happen - on which day and at what time ?
8. Did they try to obtain medical aid ?
9. If not, why not ?
10. Did they get medical aid ?
11. If not, why not ?
12. If not, who looked after them ? (Family, neighbours,
themselves or, if someone else, explain who).
13. If they got help, where did they go ? (Health centre, hospital
or nurse or temporary medical facility in locality. Give the name).
14. What means of transport did they use ?
15. How long after the injury did they arrive ?
16. Who treated then ? (Doctor, nurse or don't know).
17. What was the medical diagnosis. if known ?
18. How long did they stay at the health centre or hospital ?
(Give the number of days or, if the stay was brief, the number of